Other tips and advice
The sidewall is damaged
car edito 6 5 tip indention 140319 help and advice
Diagnostic: This is not a problem. It is the normal radial sidewall.
- Indentations are quite natural on radial tyres (most tyres) and will not affect performance.
- Your tyres feature one or more layers of fabric cord within the sidewall construction that run parallel to each other. (Steel cords are used within the tread.) Where the cords overlap, there is often slight indentation.
Symptom: bulge or bubble
car edito 6 5 tip budgebubble 140908 help and advice
Diagnostic: Tyre Damage that Requires Repair
- Most punctures, nail holes or cuts up to 6 mm confined to the tread may be repaired by a tyre professional using industry-approved procedures.
- An on-the-wheel plug-only repair is not reliable and is dangerous. After a puncture the inside of a tyre must be inspected.
- The proper repair of a radial tyre (most tyres) includes placing a rubber patch on the inner liner of the tyre and filling the hole with rubber.
- Do not attempt to repair tyres with tread punctures larger than 6 mm or any sidewall puncture. Also, do not have tyres repaired that are worn below 1.6 mm tread depth.
- Replace your damaged tyre with a spare tyre. First, be sure to check the spare tyre's sidewall for the correct inflation pressure, speed and mileage limitations. Take your vehicle or tyre to be inspected by a tyre professional.