Other tips and advice
Tyre repair, is it possible & how?
car edito 6 5 tip1 repair 140320 help and advice
If your tyre becomes damaged, it may be repaired if:
- The tyre has not been driven on when flat
- The damage is only on the tread section of your tyre (sidewall damage ruins a tyre immediately)
- The puncture is no greater than 6mm
How is a tyre properly repaired?
- The tyre is demounted and inspected internally as well as externally. It is then patched from the inside and the puncture hole is filled.
- Do not have your tyre plugged. A plug is simply inserted into the punctured area, making it unreliable.
Tyres should be repaired by a tyre professional.